“The Legal Action Center has released a MAT Advocacy Toolkit to help people fight for their right to medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
The MAT Advocacy Toolkit includes: advocacy tips, MAT myths and facts, a sample letter for treatment providers, an attorney guide, recommended strategies for drug courts, and more.
The Toolkit includes resources on:
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction: Myths & Facts
- Advocating for Your Recovery When Ordered Off Addiction Medication
- Sample Letter to Court or Probation Advocating to Stay on Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Sample Treatment Provider Letter Supporting Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Attorney’s Guide: Addiction Medication and Your Client
- Medication-Assisted Treatment in Drug Courts: Recommended Strategies
- Legality of Denying Access to Medication-Assisted Treatment in the Criminal Justice System
- Driving on Methadone or Buprenorhpine (Suboxone): DUI?
- Confronting an Epidemic: The Case for Eliminating Barriers to Medication-Assisted Treatment of Heroin and Opioid Addiction
The resources can be accessed at: https://lac.org/MAT-advocacy/
Source: The Legal Action Center – November 17, 2016