- AATOD Guidelines for Guest Dosing
- AT Forum Methadone Dosing & Safety in the Treatment of Opioid Addiction
Download PDF (312KB, 8pp)
- Clinical Diagnostic Tool for Guiding Methadone Treatment of Opioid Addiction
ODAS – Opiate Dosage Adequacy Scale… from Heroin Addiction & Related Clinical Problems. 2004;6(3)39-49. Distributed with permission of the journal.
Download PDF (452KB, 12pp)
- When “Enough” is Not Enough: New Perspectives on Optimal Methadone Dose
Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine. 2000.
Download PDF (91KB, 8pp)
- AT Forum Cardiac Considerations During MMT
Download PDF (200KB,6 pp)
- AT Forum Does Methadone Maintenance Treatment Affect Heart Health?
Download PDF (88KB, 6pp)
- AT Forum Methadone’s Role in Torsade de Pointes Questioned
Download PDF (250KB, 5pp)
- American Journal on Addictions – Special Issue on Methadone Interactions With Other Medication and Abused Substances
Articles available for purchase.
- AT Forum Methadone-Drug* Interactions – 3rd Edition
(*Medications, illicit drugs, & other substances)
Download PDF (660KB, 31pp)
- HIV Drug Interactions
http://www.hiv-druginteractions.org/ – This informative and educational HIV resource is valuable for healthcare professionals, scientific researchers or anyone with an interest in HIV therapy. You can find reports on recent news and hot topics in HIV pharmacology, discover comprehensive information, and advice on drug interactions.
- Medscape Methadone Drug Interaction Checker
- AT Forum Summer 2007 Newsletter Methadone Overdose in MMT – What to know. How to prevent it. What to do if it happens.
Download PDF (1.5MB, 8pp)
- AT Forum The Safety of Methadone, LAAM, Buprenorphine
Download Word Document (48KB, 22pp)
Note: Also see, AT Forum, Spring 2001; 10(2)
- CLINICAL GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF BENZODIAZEPINES AMONG PATIENTS RECEIVING MEDICATION ASSISTED TREATMENT FOR OPIOID DEPENDENCE
Baltimore Substance Abuse Systems, Inc.
Download PDF (679KB, 30pp)
- “Drug Overdose Reduction Act” 2009
June 12, 2009.
Download PDF (51KB, 12pp)
- FDA Drug Safety Information for Patients and Providers
Patients and providers can now go to a single web page to find information on a variety of prescription drugs. Information is available on: drug labeling, including package inserts; drugs that have a risk evaluation and mitigation strategy (REMS); warning letters and alerts; and regulations and guidance documents.
HTML file available online
- FDA/SAMHSA Methadone Safety Education Program – Follow Directions: How to Use Methadone Safely
From the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Substance Abuse Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA).
These public education materials (brochure, fact sheet, and poster) were designed specifically for this campaign to inform patients and healthcare professionals that methadone is a safe and effective treatment when used exactly as prescribed. The materials are available in English and Spanish.
Download or order printed copies
- GAO Report – Methadone-Associated Overdose Deaths
From U.S. Government Accountability Office
Download PDF (1.73MB, 55pp)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment Patient Safety Presentations and Conference Videos
Available online from Institute for Research, Education, and Training in Addictions (IRETA).
- Methadone-Associated Mortality: Report of a National Assessment. From CSAT/DPT, 2004.
Download PDF (428KB, 60pp)
- Methadone Diversion, Abuse, and Misuse: Deaths Increasing at Alarming Rate
From U.S. Department of Justice National Drug Intelligence Center
Download PDF (1.5MB, 20pp) on Methadone Overdose Report
- Methadone Mortality – A Reassessment July 2007
From CSAT/DPT. October 2007.
Download PDF (426KB, 48pp)
- Preventing Overdose Deaths: Strategies for Combating a National Crisis
Drug Policy Alliance.
Download PDF (1.5MB, 24pp)
- Research Article – Benzodiazepine Use and Misuse Among Patients in a Methadone Program
Chen et al.: Benzodiazepine Use and Misuse Among Patients in a Methadone Program. BMC Psychiatry 2011 11:90.
Download PDF (170KB,7pp)
- SAMHSA Dear Colleague Letter on State Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs)
September 27, 2011.
Download PDF (1.04MB,12pp)
- SAMHSA Emerging Issues in the Use of Methadone Advisory
Download PDF (514KB, 8pp)
- SAMHSA Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit
This kit contains a series of brochures.
- VERMONT STATEWIDE OPIOID ANTAGONIST COMMUNITY ACCESS PROGRAM INTRANASAL NALOXONE ADMINISTRATION TRAINING MODULE
Vermont Department of Health.
Download PDF (891KB, 36pp)
All links accessed June 16, 2015.