Note: The following resources in this section are available exclusively from AT Forum and include a compilation of research reports and White Papers listed in chronological order.
- A Community-Centered Solution for Opioid Addiction Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT)
Download PDF(2.2MB, 8pp)
- Addiction Treatment Forum; Brainstorms – Series 1-8, 1999-2001
1. The Blind Men & The Elephant (Vol. 8, No. 3, Summer 1999)
2. Self-Medication Pathways of Addiction (Vol. 8, No. 4, Fall 1999)
3. The Hijacked Brain (Vol. 9, No. 1, Winter 2000)
4. Spiritual Roads to Recovery (Vol. 9, No. 2, Spring 2000)
5. Addiction and the Duress of Stress (Vol. 9, No. 3, Summer 2000)
6. The Shifting Sands of Opioid Addiction & Treatment (Vol. 9, No. 4, Fall 2000)
7. The Hijacked Brain Revisited (Vol. 10, No. 1, Winter 2001)
8. The Voices of Dissent (Vol. 10, No. 2, Spring 2001)
Download PDF (334KB,24pp)
- Addiction Treatment Forum, Liver Disease in MMT: Treatment & Transplant – Parts 1-4
Stewart B. Leavitt, MA, PhD; Editor.
Part 1 : Critical Concerns (Vol. 10, No. 4, Fall 2001)
Part 2 : Hepatitis C – A “Giant Silent Killer” (Vol.11, No. 1, Winter 2002)
Part 3: MMT Clinics’ Roles in HCV Therapy (Vol. 11, No. 2, Spring 2002)
Part 4: Hope for Liver Transplantation (Vol. 11, No. 3, Summer 2002)
Survey Results – Liver Disease Fate (Vol. 11, No. 2, Spring 2002)
Download PDF (244KB,16pp)
- Cardiac Considerations During MMT
Download PDF (200KB, 6pp)
- Can Addiction Research Be Trusted?
Introducing EBAM* (*Evidence Based Addiction Medicine). A 6-page easy-to-follow guide discussing basic principles of effective research to help readers understand what to look for and how to interpret research articles and reports.
Download PDF (6pp)
- Does Methadone Formulation Make A Difference?
Download PDF (36KB, 1pp)
- Does Methadone Maintenance Treatment Affect Heart Health?
Download PDF (PDF file 88KB, 6pp
- EBAM* For Practitioners (*Evidence-Based Addiction Medicine)
A more extensive 16-page booklet presenting essential concepts for assessing the validity of research, understanding the relevance of statistics, and interpreting the significance of results for everyday practice in addiction medicine.
- Evidence for the Efficacy of Naltrexone in the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence (Alcoholism)
Download PDF (140KB, 8pp)
- Methadone Dosing & Safety in the Treatment of Opioid Addiction
Released September 2003.
Download PDF (312KB, 8pp)
- Methadone-Drug* Interactions
(*Medications, illicit drugs, & other substances)
Download PDF (660KB, 31pp)
- Methadone Maintenance Treatment in the Criminal Justice System
Download PDF (1.4MB, 8pp)
- Methadone’s Role in Torsade de Pointes Questioned
Download PDF (250KB, 5pp)
- Naltrexone in the Prevention of Opioid Relapse
Download PDF (124KB, 6pp)
- SAM in MMT* (*Substance-Abuse Monitoring in Methadone Maintenance Treatment)
A 12-page, evidence-based AT Forum White Paper discussing how drug screening and testing can be vital therapeutic tools supporting rehabilitation and recovery from opioid addiction.
Download PDF (356KB, 12pp)
- SAM in MMT – SUPPLEMENT
A companion to the SAM in MMT paper (below) providing supplemental technical information and tables, including: 1) Terms defining drug screen/test performance; 2) Understanding cutoff values of drug screens; 3) Cutoff levels, detection times, X-reactivity; 4) How typical on-site drug screening devices work.
Download PDF (PDF file 467KB, 5pp)
- The Safety of Methadone, LAAM, Buprenorphine
MS Word Document available here for download (48KB, 22pp)
Note: Also see, AT Forum, Spring 2001; 10(2)
All links accessed November 22, 2017.