The November/December issue of the newsletter summarizing the latest clinically relevant research on alcohol, illicit drugs, and health is now available online at http://www.bu.edu/aodhealth/pdfs/2015/Nov-Dec%202015.pdf
Articles related to opioid addiction and treatment include:
- Clonidine Reduces Lapses Among People with Opioid Use Disorder Who Achieved Abstinence with Buprenorphine
- Retention in Methadone Treatment Reduces the Risk of Death
- Payer-Mandated Buprenorphine Dose Decreases Result in Worse Patient Outcomes
- Prescription Monitoring Program and “Pill Mill” Laws Have Had Modest Effects on Opioid Overprescribing in Florida
- Teaching Proper Injection Practices Reduces the Complications of Injection Drug Use
Source: Boston Medical Center produced in cooperation with the Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health.