This one-day training program available from The Institute for Research, Education, and Training in Addictions (IRETA) is designed to increase opioid treatment providers’ (both clinical and administrative staff) knowledge and skills on the most effective ways to conduct risk management strategies for opioid treatment centers.
Training materials include a Trainers Manual and nine PowerPoint presentations, one for each of the nine training modules.
The manual was created as a guide to facilitate the successful delivery of “Effective Risk Management Strategies in Outpatient Methadone Treatment”. It includes suggested scripts and activities for each module to help guide you through the entire training process.
The modules include:
- Module 1: What’s Going On Out There? (Introduction, Methadone-Associated Mortality, Professional Liability)
- Module 2: Managing Risk
- Module 3: Risk Management and OTP Practice
- Module 4: Impairment
- Module 5: Take-Home Medication
- Module 6: Three Case Studies
- Module 7: Recovery-Oriented Methadone Maintenance (ROMM)
- Module 8: Pain Management Therapy
- Module 9: Special Populations and Risk
Modules 1-6 provide information and content for a standalone training of approximately 7 hours – not including breaks and lunch. Modules 7-9 are supportive content to the topic of risk management and can be delivered in approximately three additional hours.
Source: The Institute for Research, Education, and Training in Addictions – January 2013