Poison control centers are increasingly dealing with young children who have accidentally ingested powerful painkillers.
Toddlers also find themselves ingesting methadone and Suboxone, powerful drugs used in treating opiate dependence.
Poison control experts say opiates trigger a more serious response in young children than other classes of medications they might accidentally ingest. Symptoms of opioid poisoning include sleepiness, trouble breathing, vomiting, choking and coma.
Source: BangorDailyNews.com – June 14, 2012